Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I have taken 24 days of my life and put all my energy into find a teaching job. I have not let myself paint, or draw, or blog, or work on my website, just job hunting. And today after the long and winding road of trying to get a professional job to call my own, I was offered a teaching job at 8 am this morning. I got to visit my future classroom, heard the words salary and benefits, oh my god! I can't believe this is real, but at the same time it feels so natural. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and every thing I have ever wanted out of my life is obtainable. So here it to the beginning of the rest of my life, now I can relax and enjoy the rest of my summer in peace!!!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
So before that happened I decided to jot down my ideas before I forget them all in this surge of ambition.
First and foremost I want to use my art to help people, since an art therapy certification is not in the cards for me right now, I want to try to change the world one tiny way at a time, here are the bare bones of my ideas
- Paint bowls to donate or sell to raise money for local animal shelters
- Sell some artwork to donate money to the Animal Rescue for the recent oil spill
- Get some celebrity bowls signed for Empty Bowl Project
- Raise some money to help rebuild the playground at Brooke Elementary
- Host a fundraiser for an OCD organization
On top of that I also want to start chipping out a place in the art community for myself. I want to create products to sell at festivals. Get prints made of some of my artwork I cannot part with, and really try and get out there and develop skills, including
- Caricaturing, and drawing pets
- Exploring my love for making cute ceramics
- Learning to make jewelry
- Having a show of my own
- Writing / illustrating a children's book
And on top of all these things, I just want someone to give me a real teaching job, so I can have a stable permanent home and have that part of my life mapped out and in place.
ahhh there now I wont forget anything.